Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Oct. 2011

Elizabeth is 23 pounds 11 ounces by the end of October.  Elizabeth loves Mexican food, just like me! She could eat rice, beans, and tomatoes all day!!!!  I have conferences in the beginning of October (3 nights after school until 8).... It's quite torturous because she's in bed by the time I get home. "Luckily" she wakes up at night to see me and we can cuddle/play/talk/fight for awhile before she goes back to sleep.  She also is an early riser (4-6 am) so I get to see her before I leave for school. 

It is so adorable because she says 'kitty-cat' for my Dad's black cat.  She's a little scared of the cat though.  She gets all excited to see it (from afar) but as the cat gets closer she gets less brave and starts climbing up my leg.  She also now has 'grandpa' it sounds like 'gmka'.  Of course my dad thinks it's great!  She doesn't say momma though!!! She calls me dadda still... NICE!  She also says 'please' which sounds like 'peas' and 'cup' which she says perfectly.  She says 'ut-oh'.....even when it's something she did on purpose..... she really emphasizes both syllables and drags out the 'oh', so cute!  She can also say 'baby' 'pretty' and 'all done'.  I think she's a great talker! She makes lots of animal sounds including bear, duck, lion, pig, cat, dog, and cow. 

She smells everything, which is our fault. We of course always smell her little piggies and say PU and we all laugh..... So, she thinks she needs to smell everything....flowers, clothes, books, her own feed, and your feet!  She gets such a kick out of it I can't help but encourage it!!!!  I could just eat those little feet up they are so precious! 

She has also discovered her belly button... and when I say 'discovered' I mean she is obsessed with it... I try to keep a onsie on her at all times because she pulls up her shirt and jams her finger in her belly button and yells 'bay-boo' (that's how she says belly button...).  If this isn't funny enough for you she then comes up to Audie and I and wants to do the same thing!  She's caught us a few times not ready for it and we received a tiny finger jammed in our belly buttons!  CRAZY! 

The diaper changes are no longer fun....not because of the mess but because she hates them now.  She rolls and thrashes about, of course making it the never ending job.  We try to give her something new to play with and keep her attention on it... it works 50% of the time. 

She is also obsessed with my iPad.  She especially likes the "Monster at the end of the book" app with Grover.  If she sees the iPad or even the bag I bring it home in she yells pitifully "GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEERRRR".  She also loves the 'talking' apps that repeat everything you say in a funny voice.  She's so good at finding what she wants and clicking on it! 

We have  her birthday party at the church (mostly because I couldn't handle cleaning my house and getting it 'party ready').  We had a ladybug theme and it was wonderful.  We had rigatoni (which she loves), salad, parsley potatoes, green beans and chocolate covered pretzels that I made into ladybugs (so cute!).  Her cake was adorable!  When it came time for her to eat her cake she knew she wanted it but hated the thought of getting her hands all dirty!  She refused to use her hands.... so my smart little daughter realized she could just stick her face in it and eat it like a dog!  And her hands stayed clean!!  She got lots of great presents and had a good time. I created a video of her first year and showed it to everyone.  Hard to believe how fast a year can go!






At the end of the month we went Trunk or Treating at the park for Halloween.  She dressed up like a ladybug and was so adorable.  Looked so cute walking around!



Audie and I say every day how lucky we are to have this perfect baby.  She has brought so much to our lives and amazes us every waking moment.  She is constantly learning something and is always wanting to do more.  We are truly the luckiest parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment