Monday, January 2, 2012

July 2011

We had Audie's mom's 74th bday party at our house.  It was a nice reunion for his family. His brother and wife came up from Florida and we saw lots of family he hasn't seen in a long time.  We had over 40 people.  Dad and Kim were the official chefs, which was a huge help for Audie and I.  Elizabeth was very well behaved and even let some people hold her.  She takes so long to warm up, but it helped that it was actually at our house... her turf!    
Audie and his mom

The chefs and E

Audie, Ruth, Diane, Max, April, Linda, and Jacqueline

Ready for the P-A-R-T-Y!

Well, we were all set to go to the 4th of july picnic at Diana's but someone was taking a nap (it wasn't me!).  And since we have so many sleeping 'issues' I do not wake Elizabeth unless it's because of a fire.... so I figured we'd be an hour late... or  two... or she'll do whatever she wants and slept through the entire afternoon, so funny!  She was dressed so festive of course....

July is a busy month... we met Karla and Gavin for lunch at Panera.  We went swimming at Kay's with Landon.  Landon was more interested in getting out and Elizabeth loves splashing.  We did some shopping of course.... We put up our baby pool that Dad and Kim got Elizabeth for Easter.  She loves it!  She can say 'dada' and 'bear'.  "Bear?" you're thinking... well, her room is decorated in winnie the pooh and each morning I sing the winnie the pooh song and at the end I sing "silly, willy, nilly, old bear" real slow (and in perfect pitch : )  Well, on one morning I sing that part and she repeats 'bear' just as plain as can be at the end!  Great part was that the monitor was still on, so Audie got to hear it too!  So now she loves to sing that song with me. I must admit I love it too! 
She is now up to 5 teeth, so far she hasn't used them to bite me... I'm sure it's coming though!

We also found that we had to put up our baby gates now!  On the 14th of July we went to the Akron Zoo.  Elizabeth loved it but at times you could see her look at the big animals and think "is this safe????"  The jellyfish and fish were her favorite.  We need to find an aquarium to go to!





jellyfish



EATING:
   *likes stage 3 baby food
   * tried cottage cheese and watermelon.... but wasn't impressed
   *ate freeze dried apples... loved them
   *likes potatoes and bread

SLEEPING:
    *each night is different.....  I know many suggest the cry it out, ferberizing of kids... It's just not for me.  I see sleeping as a skill kids need to learn how to do.  I cannot think of another skill that I will expect them to just 'get' by me saying 'night night' and letting them cry as I come in and out every now and then.... not for me!  She gets up between 2-6 times a night and is almost 9 months old... so not exactly 'fun' but I feel like I'm doing my best for her. 


CAN DO:
     *cruises around furniture... can crawl so fast!
     *can say 'dada' and 'bear'
     *gives 5
     *walks with a push toy
     *can stand alone for 3-5 seconds, has great balance!
     *rolls ball back and forth with mommy and daddy
     *loves to mimic noises people make, especially loves to growl!  Each morning she comes into the bed with Audie and I... well, I must yawn a lot because now she mimics me yawning... it's hilarious!
     *bangs toys together

Such a fun age to be off of school and spending every minute I can with her.  At her 9 month check up she is 21 lbs 12 oz and 28.75 inches.  We also visited Aunt Sara that day at work because it was her birthday. 


Audie's first car show with his Torino finished

No comments:

Post a Comment