Tuesday, January 3, 2012

August 2011

Here are some highlights from August:
  • standing alone (may be the cutest thing EVER)
  • Can take 2 steps and by the end of the month takes 3
  • When asked "How big is baby?" she raises her hands up in the air, tilts her head to the side and we say "Sooooooooooo big!"  She loves it.
  • I love being home.....
  • She loves pushing her cart around, thinks she's such a big girl
  • She naps 2 or 3 times a day
  • Sings in a light airy voice
  • Growls lots!
  • Has 'foot fights' with mom (this began from me pumping.... we played lots of foot games, of course she likes to foot fight best!)
  • Loves tomatoes and cheese
  • She can growl when asked what a bear says and quacks when asked what a duck says
  • Can say "dada, be easy, bear, bad, and I love you"

You wouldn't typically think 'be easy' would be one of her first words, unless you remember our nightly battles..... I always end up telling her 'be easy' because he flails around and throws a few wild punches at times.  (Other nights she wants to cuddle and be kissed.... depends on the night!) She loves to repeat what I say of course so when I looked at her sternly and got in her face and said "BE EASY" she thought she should repeat it.... I couldn't help but laugh!  So, she decided one day when I was wrestling her down to change her diaper to say "beasy" (as if it was one word)... I promise I wasn't being rough, but she thought I was!!!! She hates to have her toenails cut for some reason (again, I promise I'm not being rough) and while I cut them she says "beasy" to me...  Too funny!

Her first steps were not 'typical' first steps, as only Elizabeth can do.  She decided for her first steps she'd take a side step, turn around, and go the other direction!  She is a cautious walker.  Some kids just topple through their first steps, hers are very precise and calculated.  She knows when she's going to fall and decides to stop right before it.  She's such a little perfectionist (not sure where she got that) and gets so frustrated when she can't do something. Poor thing!

She loves to pull the grass outside and adores waving bye and saying "hi" to us. She also says I love you back to us... it sounds like "I ung" and ends with a hug... so sweet!

By the end of the month she has 7 teeth.  The teething really affects the nights, in a not so good way.  Thank goodness I don't have school. Typically, Audie takes her in the morning for a few hours so I can get some sleep. 

We take her to the fair, which she loves looking at the animals and all the lights.  After a few hours she falls asleep.....

This month she goes to the school to 'help' get my classroom ready for another year.  For some reason she loves my large dice.  She crawls around the room and I chase her.... We don't have air conditioning in the school and of course she wants to be help lots of the time so we both are sweaty little pigs by the time we leave there. 

At the end of the month I start back to school : (  So difficult.....  So glad she's with Audie.  She just adores her Daddy and he may be the best dad I've ever seen.  He has endless patience, even with all of his pain he constantly has.  I swear each day he teaches her something new.  She's so lucky to have him.  We're also fortunate because Aunt Kay watches Elizabeth once a week and that allows Audie to go to doc appointments or take a well deserved break.  I so don't want her to go to a "place" or "someone's house"...... my list is endless as to why.  So far, this is working, although it's difficult on Audie. 



2 comments:

  1. Love this last picture of her sleeping....she is OUT COLD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the story about who she called Bad?haha

    ReplyDelete